Thrift Shifts for Bridal Boutique
French-inspired furniture pieces are usually pricey primarily due to the intricacy of its design. So the challenge was to achieve the look without going over the set budget. Luckily I found some old furniture pieces being sold at thrift shop prices. You can do the same for your own home if you’re decorating on a budget!
- Check out as many stores as you can so you can compare prices and see what’s readily available out there.
- Find good thrift shops, moving out garage sales, and even secondhand furniture online groups.
- Make sure you check the bones to see if it’s still worth the price and effort.
- Choose and order your fabric. (I immediately went to Shell Canvas.)
- Get a pro to do the upholstery and paint job for you. (I worked with Gilson of Chutick & Sons.)
THE 3-SEATER SOFA
THE DINING CHAIRS
AS A RESULT…
Compared to brand new pieces, I was able to save over 50% of the cost! I hope this inspires you to go thrift shop hunting and get creative! 🙂
Love, The Style Hobbyist